eBay is a great resource for buying items like car parts, especially for those rarer, hard to find items. But like any indirect online market place, the buyer has to trust the seller that the items will arrive as described.
Some of the ways you can improve your chances of a problem-free eBay purchase is by following these tips to buying car parts on eBay.
– Stick to buying quality branded items. If any items are suspiciously cheap, enquire why this is with the seller.
– Check the warranty on purchases before you buy or bid for them.
– Don’t let the postage and packaging price govern your purchase. Cheaper P&P can often lead to unsatisfactory service and slow delivery times. If the seller is local, even better – you can agree a collection time that suits.
– If you’re not sure the item fits your requirements, make sure you ask the seller, and get a second opinion from someone in the trade.
– Make sure you ascertain the exact condition of the item you’re buying. One person’s excellent condition might not be yours. Ensure you have photos of the item in question from all angles.
– Reading previous customer’s feedback on the seller is a great way of establishing trust. Experts advise to read feedback, and the read feedbacks on the person leaving feedback, as some posts aren’t genuine.
– If you encounter a problem with a transaction, the seller should be the first person you contact. Give them 24 hours to respond, and if you don’t hear anything back, then you should escalate it to the dispute console on eBay. However, it’s in the best interests of the seller to carry out a smooth transaction, so try not to jump to conclusions immediately.
To buy Mercedes parts online with complete peace of mind, visit the Dronsfields eBay store. We’ll be able to answer all your questions and do our best to help you find the right spare parts for your Mercedes.
Use your reg number to find parts for a specific vehicle!
Dronsfields won't be beaten on price or quality. If you see a certain product cheaper from another reputable trader then please click the 'Best Price' icon and give us the chance to beat it.